How I Work
I see therapy as a way we can work together to set and achieve life goals. Confidentiality and clear expectations are a top priority for me, as they will help our relationship grow. With this as a foundation, I am adamant on creating a safe space where you can be your true self and feel that the world is at your fingertips.
Knowing that you are the expert on you, I use a compassionate, person-centered therapy approach, which gives rise to your voice and connects you to the inner workings that might currently be trying to get your attention. I am a trauma therapist who utilizes the tools and techniques of EMDR, when we both feel it is relevant.
Starting with a free 15-minutes consultation, we get to meet each other in person or over the phone, and ask questions of each other. Some questions I might ask are:
- What brings you to counselling?
- Are you currently feeling safe?
- What are your expectations for counselling with me?
Questions you might ask me are:
- What do I think about your presenting concern?
- How long have I been in practice?
- What types of issues do I see on a regular basis?
After the consultation, starting in the first session, we get to work! By your honesty and willing to do the work, and with me continuously asking those hard questions, we will open the door to new understandings and allow for deep healing.
Are you ready to feel like yourself again?
If so, contact me today at 778.323.8948, or email me to set up a FREE, confidential 15-minute consultation.
Person-centered therapy maintains that people are:
- Capable of self-understanding and self-direction
- Able to make constructive changes
- Able to live effective and productive lives
EMDR: Eye-Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing
EMDR allows us to use our inner wisdom in:
- Reprocessing negative memories into positive beliefs
- Installing skills that serve us well
- Helping us learn to tap into personal strengths
- Visit their website for more info: www. emdr.com
Compassion Focused Therapy
Compassion Focused Therapy provides us both with space to be human.
- When shame and self-criticism are present, CFT gives awareness to early life experiences
- Grows your ideas of compassion and self-compassion.
- These pieces, in turn, help you regulate mood and reconnect with feelings of security.