What would you like to know about me? I’m funny. I’m serious. I’m spiritual. I’m the Mum of a very precious boy, and the lucky wife of a very loving man.
Being a counsellor means so much to me. When I get someone coming to see me so that they can change a part of themselves that doesn’t fit for them anymore, I get excited! I immediately start thinking of ways to approach their concerns and want to share it all with them.
I have sat in the counsell-ee’s chair throughout my life and have gotten profound love from those that I felt comfortable enough to open up to. It’s this love that I want to share with others, and of course, make it something only I can give. You see, we each have our own view of what love is and what life should be like.
Walking my journey so far has shocked and awed me, over and over and over. Sometimes the things I learned as a child helped, sometimes they hindered. And yet, sometimes I didn’t even work from the past, I simply worked from who I was in the moment. (But I guess the past created me, so here I am!)
So this is a bit of who I am. I hope it makes sense and if it doesn’t, well, let me know! I’m always willing to learn about myself.
With Love, Leanne
- Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Counselling (University of South Dakota)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Anthropology and Linguistics (University of Victoria)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) Certificate
- Attachment & Developmental Trauma: Key Principles for Healing
- Beyond Borders… Celebrating Diversity Training (Sioux Falls School District, SD)
- Lakota Perspective of Mental Health: Cultural Awareness Training
- Science Based Drug Education Training (MCTC)
- Motivational Interviewing for Helping Professionals: Part 1 – Basic & Part 2 – Advanced